All guests are expected to maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Any inappropriate behavior as determined by facility management can result in ejection and possible arrest.
Ejected guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way.
Inappropriate behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Standing on chairs/seats
- Drunk and disorderly conduct
- Fighting or challenging others to fight
- Interference with the event, or participants of the event in any way
- Throwing, tossing or discharging any object
- Using profanity and/or other offensive words (verbal or written)
- Taunting or using offensive language against the players, referees or performers
- Entering a seating area without the correct ticket
- Disturbing other guests enjoyment of the event
- Failure to comply with facility personnel
- Violating SMG Sioux Falls rules, regulations and policies
- Violating any local, state, or federal laws
SMG Sioux Falls management reserves the right to deny entry or eject guests displaying inappropriate behavior, as determined by facility/event management.
The SMG Sioux Falls has implemented a strict alcohol policy that is designated to protect the guests and the public from alcohol related incidents.
Guests are expected to follow all laws governing the purchase, possession and consumption of alcohol. Guests are responsible for their own drinking and are expected to drink responsibly. It is the responsibility of the patron to ensure they have a safe, responsible means of transportation when leaving the facility.
- Each patron consuming alcoholic beverages must show their ID to obtain a wristband.
- There is a maximum limit of two alcoholic beverage sold to each patron per purchase. This policy is subject to change at any time for any event at the discretion of facility/event management.
- SMG Sioux Falls management reserves the right to eject and have cited any individuals under the age of twenty one (21) who illegally purchase, possess or consume alcohol or are visibly intoxicated. Individuals providing alcohol to those under 21 will also be ejected and subject to citation.
- Alcohol sales cutoff varies by event. Please contact facility staff for more information.
- Guests found with alcohol brought from outside the facility will immediately by ejected.
- No alcohol is allowed to leave the facility. Guests attempting to leave with alcohol will have the alcohol immediately confiscated.
- Some events may be designated as ‘non-alcohol’ events. This means alcohol will not be served at these designated events. For information regarding specific event policies, please contact the SMG Sioux Falls at (605) 367-7288.
Cursing, or the use of offensive language or gestures, is prohibited at all times. Guests cursing or using offensive language or gestures may be ejected from the facility.
Entry to Field of Play/Performance Area
Any guests attempting to or actually entering a field of play or performance areas will immediately be ejected or subject to arrest and prosecution.
The SMG Sioux Falls management reserves the right to eject guests at their discretion (i.e. violation of facility rules, violation of laws, etc.) at any time. When a patron is ejected, tickets will be collected from the guests and no refund will be given.
Any guests involved in a physical or verbal altercation are subject to ejection and arrest.
Puck is in Play Policy (Hockey)
For the safety of all fans, while the puck is in play during hockey games, guests must wait at the top of the vomitory until play has stopped to go to their seat.
Any patron who is intoxicated before entering the facility may be denied entry. Any patron found intoxicated within the venue and causing a disturbance as determined by management, will be asked to leave the facility without refund and may be subject to further consequences.
SMG Sioux Falls has a No Re-Entry policy. Guests leaving the facility to smoke in a designated smoking area must have their ticket stub and a hand stamp to obtain re-entry to the facility. Guests may be denied re-entry without hand stamp and ticket stub.
Purses and diaper bags
Binoculars and cell phones
These items are permitted but subject to a search.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- No video recorders, audio recorders or other similar electronic devices
- No laser pointers/pens, weapons or firearms.
- No backpacks, large bags, sealed packages of any kind (including gifts for performers)
- No bottles, cans or coolers
- No outside food or beverages (Exceptions are made for certain circumstances)
- No air horns
- No dead or alive animals (except service animals)
- No posters or large signs.
Management reserves the right to handle each occurrence on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the item, the patron may either be asked to remove the item from the facility or dispose of them or may be ejected from the facility.
Items which have varying policies include: Cameras, video/audio recording equipment and signs/flags/banners/posters. Please contact the Guest Services at 605-367-7288 for more information.
All bags, jackets and guests are subject to search upon entering.
For the safety and security of other guests, players and performers any bag brought into the facility is subject to search. Only small, personal handbags, baby bags, or other bag that fits underneath the guests ticketed seat will be allowed into the venue. SMG Sioux Falls advises all guests to leave bags at home or in the patron’s vehicle.
For all events, guests are subject to searches including, but not limited to pat downs and visual searches. Any guests refusing a search of any kind (either personal or bag) shall be refused entry to the facility and may not be eligible for a refund on their ticket purchase.
The Denny Sanford PREMIER Center, Arena, Convention Center, and Orpheum Theater Center are non-smoking facilities. Smoking is allowed outside of the building entrances at the beginning of the first intermission. Any patron found smoking in a non-designated are will be subject to ejection and further consequences.
Guests leaving the facility to smoke in a designated smoking area must have their ticket stub and a hand stamp to obtain re-entry to the facility.
Guests found throwing any object within the facility will be ejected.
Guests must possess a valid ticket at all times and are only allowed to sit in their ticketed seats. Guests unable to produce a ticket may be ejected from the facility without refund. Guests who attempt to ‘sneak’ into the facility may be subject to further consequences.